Department of Professional Education and Education of Adults
The Department was founded in January, 1997, as the Department of Pedagogy and Psychology of Professional Education.
Main research trends of scientists of the Department:
- theoretical and practical basing of pedagogical systems of professional education and adult education;
- development of continuous professional education;
- development of conceptual bases of professional education and training taking into account the needs of the labour market and global trends to ensure economic sectors with professional staff;
- modernization of vocational education and training content, development of professional standards, based on competences;
- study and development of innovative methods of professional training, modern teaching and production technologies;
- scientific basing of pedagogical principles of management decentralization of professional education;
- scientific basing of psychological and pedagogical principles of the school youth professional orientation;
- intra-professional staff training using of flexible and energy efficient technologies;
- creation of modern professions and technologies of training taking into account the needs of high-tech production;
- comparative professional pedagogy.
Scientific and organizational activities of the Departmentare carrying out by:
- Institute of Pedagogical Education and Adult Education
- Institute of Vocational Education
- Lviv Research Center for Vocational Education
- Teaching and Scientific Centre for Vocational Education
Academician-Secretary - Nellya Nychkalo, Doctor of Sciences, Professor, Academician of the NAES of Ukraine.
Scientific Secretary - Volodymir Tymenko, Doctor of Sciences, Professor.