Department of General Pedagogy and Philosophy of Education
The Department was formed by the decision of the General Meeting of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine on November 18, 1992.
The Department’s main directions to research are:
- Education philosophy in the socio-humanitarian knowledge system;
- Education Methodology;
- Theory and history of the development of Ukrainian and foreign pedagogical science;
- Education theoretical and methodical principles and socialization of a growing personality.
Management and technological factors of education development.
Department’s scientific and organizational activity is carried out by:
- Institute of Problems on Education;
- Institute of Pedagogy (4 departments);
- V.O. Sukhomlinskyi State Scientific and Pedagogical Library of Ukraine;
and (on a self-financing basis):
- Scientific and Research Center of Pedagogical Study of Local History (jointly with Pavlo Tychyna Uman’ State Pedagogical University);
- Scientific and Research Center of Social Pedagogy Problems and Social Work (jointly with Taras Shevchenko Luhansk National University);
- Research Centerof Gender Education Problems, and Student and Student Youth Upbringing (jointly with Volodymyr Hnatyuk Ternopil National Pedagogical University);
Academician Secretary – Svitlana Sysoieva, Doctor of Science in Pedagogy, Professor, Full Member (Academician) of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine
Academic Secretary – Inna Tytarenko, Candidate of Sciences in Pedagogy, Associate Professor