The first issue considered at the Meeting of the Presidium of the NAES of Ukraine on September 16, 2021 was "On the implementation by the Institute of Higher Education of the NAES of Ukraine of the results of research in policies and practices of reforming higher education in Ukraine." The report was made by Acting Director of the Institute of Higher Education of the National Academy of Educational Sciences of Ukraine, Doctor Habilitated of Education Sciences, Associate Professor Iryna DRACH.
In particular, she noted the following.
The Institute is the only scientific institution of the national level in Ukraine, whose activities are systematically focused on the development of higher education in Ukraine in the context of integration into the European Higher Education Area and the European Research Area. The mission of the Institute is to promote sustainable and innovative development of Ukrainian universities in order to increase their influence on social progress and the establishment of a modern Ukrainian state in the European and world community.
The research of the Institute is aimed at supporting the main directions of reforms in the field of higher education, namely:
- ensuring the quality of higher education;
- integration of higher education and science;
- internationalization of higher education;
- expanding the autonomy of higher education institutions;
- financing of higher education.
According to the Development Strategy of the Institute for 2020 - 2025:
- The scientific role of the Institute is to implement research activities on higher education, dissemination of scientific achievements in the domestic and international academic environment, providing expertise and scientifically sound proposals for the development of higher education in Ukraine at the institutional and national levels.
- The educational role of the institution is to develop, modernize and implement educational programs and activities for research and teaching staff of Ukrainian universities in order to develop leadership potential and increase the institutional capacity of institutions.
- The social role of the Institute is to disseminate and promote research results in the public and private sectors and civil society, to form an understanding of the role of higher education and science and their impact on the lives of citizens and social processes for the successful development of Ukraine.
- The economic role of the Institute is to influence the economic development of Ukraine by promoting sustainable and innovative development of domestic universities, increasing the efficiency of Ukrainian universities as subjects of modern market economy and strengthening their competitiveness in the European and world communities.
- The cultural role of the institution is to implement educational activities, the establishment of a culture of quality and integrity in higher education in Ukraine.